When you join Rodman CPAs, you become part of one of the most distinguished professional institutions in the Boston area. You become part of a team that is committed to maintaining an environment enriched by professional and personal diversity. We offer the best of all worlds: The standards, professionalism and resources of a large firm with the quality of life found in a more casual environment.
We are currently seeking exceptional individuals for the following roles:
To upload your resume, click the "Apply Now!" button at the bottom of this page!
Audit Senior Associate
Delegate or assume in-charge responsibility; project and plan the timing of the workload to promote the most efficient operation of the staff.
Share the decision-making process for assigned engagements/clients; keep the engagement principal fully informed of major decisions, engagement progress, the client’s situation, and potential concerns.
Help develop a responsible and trained team through assistance in recruiting, planning assignments, and resolving problems.
- Assist with preparation of the engagement letter for approval by the engagement principal, discuss the nature and terms of the assignment with the client, estimate fees, and ensure client signs and returns the engagement letter prior to the start of the engagement.
- Prepare and in some cases evaluate internal controls and audit programs prepared by staff, revise as necessary, and present to the engagement principal for approval.
- Follow the engagement progress through monitoring time budgets and deadlines for adherence; communicate important developments to the engagement principal along with facts, conclusions and recommendations; provide ongoing attention to client management; and prepare final client meetings.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting or related field
- 3+ years of public accounting experience with emphasis in financial statement preparation, audits, reviews, and compilations
- Current CPA licensure preferred
- Ability to travel to client sites that may also require overnight travel
- Advanced technical knowledge of audit, accounting, and tax concepts
- Demonstrated ability to manage client relationships
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to show strong leadership and mentoring capabilities
- Dynamic interpersonal manner with the capacity to develop and train staff through supervised practice
- Excellent client service orientation with an ability to expand services and develop new business
Tax Associate/Senior Associate to join Tax Department
- Prepare individual, C and S Corporation, partnership, trust and non-profit tax returns, including tax planning.
- Excellent language and communication skills necessary to provide outstanding client service.
- Participate in several engagements simultaneously.
- Experience working in a paperless environment.
- Experience working with ProSystem fx Suite (Tax, Engagement, Planning, Document, Scan), RIA Checkpoint, QuickBooks, Excel, Microsoft Word, and Outlook.
- The ideal candidate would have 3 – 5 consecutive years of public accounting experience at a medium sized public accounting firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required; CPA license preferred. MST a plus.
Business Services and Outsourcing Senior Accountant
The business services and outsourcing senior accountant role is responsible for applying their technical skills, organizing and managing client assignments while meeting client's expectations. This professional will run multiple client engagements at any one time and will perform duties such as Controller-to-go services which includes, maintaining the full general ledger, journal entries, budgets, client consulting. Also, the professional will perform QuickBooks implementations, providing ongoing QuickBooks support, assist clients with developing and maintaining internal procedures/processes and prepare and present on-going QuickBooks classes/webinars etc. This role is also responsible for overseeing and reviewing staff work on engagements.
- Know and understand the reason for the firm's policies and procedures
- Assist our professional team in performing accounting services for our clients
- Assist our professional team in preparing workpapers, trial balances, depreciation schedules, entering data for computer applications, and preparing engagement correspondence
- Establish effective work schedules
- Build and nurture strong working relationships with clients
- Work as an effective team member to complete project components and assignment tasks
- Perform duties at a senior level for clients on a on-going basis.
- Keeps abreast of accounting software (including QuickBooks), trends, new features to be able to train internal team and external clients.
- Complies with federal, state and company policies, procedures and regulations
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience, preferably at a public accounting firm
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field, required.
- Strong understanding of accounting concepts and business acumen, required.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Proficient in QuickBooks
- Team player with a positive approach
- Pursuing or passed CPA certification preferred
- Tax experience, preferred.
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
“Small and business friendly...they keep their promises”
“Very satisfied, timely service, excellent communication”
“Proactive in alerting me to tax issues/opportunities”
“They offer concierge service and first-class advice”