Biogas Energy Accounting Services
Biogas energy accounting services are really no different from accounting for any other business venture. When it comes to accounting, all you need to understand are the basic fundamentals of your business and make sure you have accounted for everything. Perhaps the tricky part when you are accounting for your biogas project would be on how to apply the tax credits and any other exemptions provided by the government and also, in some situations, how to take into account the long allowances given for the production of biogas electricity. Irrespective of whether you are doing the production for your own use or you want to commercialize the production, having proper accounting in lace is very important.
Why you need biogas energy accounting services
As biogas production has been classified by law uniquely, you do not want to find yourself in a situation where your books have not been done correctly. You must always comply with the accounting requirements set and it’s actually very easy to do so. We can look at some of the reason accounting services will do you a lot of good.
- You need to have a very solid legal structure and the only way you can do this is by getting the services of an accountant to guide you on how to do so. This is because, different business structures require different legal representation. For example, if you are a sole proprietor in the biogas venture, the kind of legal structure you need will be very different from that of a company or an NGO.
- You need advice on how to structure your business plan and especially if you are looking into getting investments. As the tax credits make investing in biogas projects more attractive, you want to be sure that your business plan has captured all the aspects and correctly at that.
- You need help when it comes to financial planning because at the end of the day, you are running a business. Doing accounting at the start of your biogas venture is well and good but after some time, it can become difficult to properly do so. You also need to have expert advice on how to ma you financial plan and have a clear and concise image of your cash flow both current and expected.
- You will be at a point where delegating the accounting aspect of your business frees up a lot of time for you to really focus on your project.
- As biogas production has tax exemptions, you will be expected to have some run ins with the government and the best way to do this is to get good accounting services that will see to it that your books are in order as per the regulations set
- Whether or not you are doing biogas production for your own consumption, you should expect to be audited and especially since the industry enjoys a considerable amount of tax credit. Having an accountant look into your affairs ensures that you are right on track.
What are some of the accounting concepts you should be aware of?
As biogas production, and especially when it comes to commercializing it is no different from any other business, there are aspects that you must look into in order to have a healthy venture. It is true that not all concepts will apply to you but it is still very important for you to understand what exactly to look into:
The concept of accrual
Simply, when we are looking at the concept of accrual, we want you as a biogas producer to only recognize earnings when you receive them otherwise they are not considered earnings. The same also applies to expenses and until an asset has been consumed, you can’t recognize an expense. As a matter of fact, no auditor will certify your books if the concept of accrual was not used to prepare your books.
The concept of conservatism
- Unlike the accrual concept, conservatism allows you to recognize any revenue that you expect from your biogas venture only if you are certain they will be realized. If you are not too sure, then you should not recognize it as it will bring a lot of inconsistencies in your books.
The concept of consistency
- When you decide to use one accounting concept to record the daily activities of your biogas project, you must continue to use it all through and this is what the concept of consistency is all about.
The concept of going concern
- Going concern looks into the certainty that your biogas business will go on being in operation for years to come and as a result, some accounting aspects like revenues and income are sometimes diverged to a future period.
The concept of economic entity
- This concept demands that the activities of the business and those of the owners must be kept separate from each other and even if you are a sole proprietor, you are still expected to stick to this. This is important because when it comes to preparing your financial statements, your personal activities will not form part of the statements.
The concept of matching
- What this means is that any expenses your biogas project recognizes must be in line with the revenues that were related to them. Proper accounting requires you to recognize expenses and revenues that are related and you can’t defer either.
The concept of materiality
- Any transaction from your biogas venture that will be crucial in affected decision making when the financial statements are being read must be recorded in order for a comprehensive view of the venture.
“They understand family businesses”
“Collaborative, personalized service”
“Very satisfied, timely service, excellent communication”
“They are QuickBooks experts which adds significant value to my business”